Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2011, 07:08 PM  
Junior Member+
Default Re: Religion

To Sage, I believe that while a person of a religion that is not the one I believe in will not go to Heaven right away, I don't believe that they would go to Hell immediately either. It is said that to enter Heaven, you would have to live by the faith of God, but you also must be a good person. Also, I believe that when you die, God still weighs your good deeds and your bad deeds to see whether or not you should be allowed into Heaven, regardless of christianity, so a good person who believes in something else would still have a chance of going into heaven.

And to Obscene Eyedeas, I agree. If a person wants to debate, they shouldn't feel threatened when their ideas and points are put down. And it's true that I can't do anything about people who argue to feel better than other people. I just wanted to state my opinion. My friends and I were talking about different religions and one of them brought up the fact that they didn't understand hijaabs. My other friend (who's a muslim) told her that it represented modesty. The first friend then told her, "A boy wouldn't hit on you just because your hair is showing." Both of them then proceeded to debate all the things that a hijaab represents. This is a good debate. A bad debate was with my friend and another person who called her close-minded for wearing a hijaab. That person only meant to critisize and insult her and that's what I find wrong. They weren't trying to get a point across.

I'm not anything

"Take on me,
Take me home,
I'll be gone,
In a day or two"

In the Lost Astoria with Pete and Patrick (If you don't know what this means, talk to me more often)
IDon'tLikeUsernames is offline   Reply With Quote