Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2011, 05:59 PM  
Obscene Eyedeas
Awesome Poster

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDon'tLikeUsernames View Post
I have no problem with debating religion. I'm not saying that you shouldn't criticize religion. I'm say that you shouldn't do it to pick on people.
Religion is meant to be a personal thing when you debate it you are debating with the person about their beliefs. If they feel picked on then they shouldn't debate. Oftentimes debates will disagree with a persons beliefs and this is the time when most often people feel picked on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDon'tLikeUsernames View Post
I think that critisizing religion is a great way to learn and really look at what what you believe in. I acknowledge that many don't do it to be mean, but some people do, and that's what I'm against.
If you were to provide samples of this then you can debate it, however without proof you really can't support your point. Although you must take into account that there are trolls in everything and when people insist on debating by repetition of refuted points people will get annoyed and focus on them.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. ~ Stephen F. Roberts
Obscene Eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote