Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2011, 02:27 PM  
Obscene Eyedeas
Awesome Poster

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDon'tLikeUsernames View Post
Anyway, I have no problem with people from other religions, or even those who don't have a religion at all. I just don't like when people criticize religion just for the sake of making other people feel bad and to make themselves feel superior.
People who feel this way should avoid debates and if they don't then it's their own fault. Also many people don't debate religion to feel superior many just feel it is insane to believe in something you really know nothing about. In fact very few religious people where I live know much about their religion. It is about examination and making an informed decision. There will be trolls and exceptions but you should just go with the flow.

Quote:
I mean, it's good to raise some negative points so that the mind remains broad and educated, but please, do this in a way that doesn't make it seem as though it's wrong for a person to believe in what they believe in.
If people refuse to answer or debate points then they will not be educated and the truth is people will get sick of them and fail to take them seriously. As it becomes obvious that they will not listen and expand their knowledge.

Quote:
It isn't right to say "You shouldn't believe in Christ" or "Wicca is the devil's work". That's my belief anyway.
That is why it is necessary to sometimes be extremely blunt with these people to the point where they feel insulted and persecuted because then they will get in a huff and leave or actually start debating the points and have their arguments destroyed for being ignorant.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. ~ Stephen F. Roberts
Obscene Eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote