Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2011, 04:14 PM  
Obscene Eyedeas
Awesome Poster
Default Re: Religion

Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
I have a question for the Religious type of people.
It goes like this
- If we are created in the image of God why do we all look different?
I am an athiest but you have taken this to be a literal meaning however that is not how it was intended. The main belief is that the image of God is that humanity's reflection of God is his compassion, love, hatred, fellowship, and other characteristics.

Also it is man who is the image of God and women are considered to be the image of man. So when you look at this you must differentiate. 1 Cor. 11:7

"5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,
7 but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
8 Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." He was seen as the perfect image of God because he was without sin.

That is the most common belief.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. ~ Stephen F. Roberts
Obscene Eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote