Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2011, 03:16 AM  
Death
Awesome Poster
 
Death's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 2, 2009
Location: Britain
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokoko View Post
Who ever said I wanted to refute your beliefs? I am merely stating mine because I thought people wanted to know.
But you should be trying to refute me, because this is a debate forum, so please do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingrandom View Post
Did I ever say that I had no evidence? I don't recall saying that. I do in fact have evidence.
So you think you can prove with certainty that a god exists? I'm looking forward to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingrandom View Post
Firstly I have evidence in the things God has done in and through me. After coming to trust in Jesus I, almost overnight, went from being a depressed, angsty teen that cried himself to sleep every night because he couldn't go a day without doing something he didn't regret, couldn't control his desires to imagine almost every single girl he saw naked, couldn't behave lovingly to the people I cared about, and didn't cry about anything because nothing mattered enough to stir my emotions to the happiest, giddiest person I know.
If you're not milking this, then you have obviously succumbed to the placebo effect. And even then, don't tell me you haven't felt depressed at some point. From this standpoint, this doesn't prove that a god must exist, let alone Jesus specificially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingrandom View Post
I now never regret anything that I do.
That is a bad thing. People alwasy do bad things (yes, you included), and when you do you should regret them. Are you claiming to be perfect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingrandom View Post
I can look and talk to an attractive woman without ever lusting after her.
You could do this before, you just didn't see a reason to. And besides, there is nothing wrong with lusting over someone. Lust is only a feeling and it is perfectly natural.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingrandom View Post
I used to dislike lots of people, but now I can't help but absolutely love everyone that I meet because my reason for loving them isn't what they have done for or to me but because I am a loving person.
But from the sounds of it, you are only doing so because your god tells you to be. Is that truly moral? You should be loving because you want to be, not because you are told to be. Read my signiture; it applies here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingrandom View Post
And now I cry for a bunch of stuff like when Elie died in "UP" (it broke my heart) God has also communicated things to me in visions and has directly put thoughts in my head like telling me to tell people certain things or answering questions that I have.
So now you're suffering from hallucinations too? Talk about religious indocrtination. Look, all thoguhts and emotions are invoked through your brain. You are obviously a very spiritial person who doesn't differentiate between your ideals and reality, and therefore, you are associating strong emotion with divinity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingrandom View Post
(I know the thoughts are from God because they will be random and about things that I know nothing of at times that I am thinking of a different subject. Once I even blacked out completely and felt a voice resonating in my mind saying "I am jealous for you, and I want to be the focus of your heart."
This isn't evidence for a god doing it, this is evidence for you having a vivid imagination which is unstable and subject to "attacks".

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingrandom View Post
As for what he has done through me, One time when I was driving with my aunt she slammed her finger in the door and it was swollen and she couldn't move it all. I prayed for her and in about 10 seconds she was completely fine with no swelling at all. God has also had me speak to people about personal things in there lives that I had no previous knowledge of thing in.
Are you being serious? If God can heal people by prayer, then why was it that patients who were prayed for did no better and those who knew they were being prayed for did worse? Either here injury was never serious in the first place, or you are milking things again. If prayer works, there would be so much less suffering than there is today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingrandom View Post
No, by definition you don't believe there is a God or are gods, and you still haven't told me what you believe and why you believe it. You have only stated what you don't believe, which I already knew.
I don't get what you're trying to ask though. I believe in things that I know are real. What more can I say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingrandom View Post
I am tired of saying this again and again and AGAIN, but God did not originate. He is eternal.
So's the universe's matter. That is also eternal. Therefore, the universe's matter always having existed is no less logical than that for a god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingrandom View Post
And I'm surprised at your statement about God being matter. Considering how long this thread is, I thought someone would have already covered that God is spirit.
That means that matter came from nothing, since god isn't matter. And what the hell is spirit and why the hell do you claim to know with certainty what god is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingrandom View Post
You have consistently misunderstood me.
That's because you're speaing in riddles half the time and using examples that are of little revelance to what you're saying. I thought for a moment that you might be interesting to debate with, but now I'm wondering if you're much different to the people I've debated with recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote