Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2011, 06:13 PM  
Obscene Eyedeas
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: December 2, 2009
Location: Wherever I feel like it.
Gender: Female
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokoko View Post
I do in fact have evidence. Firstly I have evidence in the things God has done in and through me. After coming to trust in Jesus I, almost overnight, went from being a depressed, angsty teen that cried himself to sleep every night because he couldn't go a day without doing something he didn't regret, couldn't control his desires to imagine almost every single girl he saw naked, couldn't behave lovingly to the people I cared about, and didn't cry about anything because nothing mattered enough to stir my emotions to the happiest, giddiest person I know.
That isn't God. That is delusion, people believe what they want to believe. IT is basic psychology. Many people have found peace in different beliefs. It's called tricking your mind. It's not just found in religion but it is a common medical practice called the placebo effect. If you believe in something and you believe it will make you feel better you will feel better. You don't need a God for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokoko View Post
I now never regret anything that I do. I can look and talk to an attractive woman without ever lusting after her. I used to dislike lots of people, but now I can't help but absolutely love everyone that I meet because my reason for loving them isn't what they have done for or to me but because I am a loving person. And now I cry for a bunch of stuff like when Elie died in "UP" (it broke my heart)
I don't see how that has any relevance, athiests and people of other religions can change who they are and what they do to. It's called self control and will power. We write our own life stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokoko View Post
God has also communicated things to me in visions and has directly put thoughts in my head like telling me to tell people certain things or answering questions that I have.(I know the thoughts are from God because they will be random and about things that I know nothing of at times that I am thinking of a different subject. Once I even blacked out completely and felt a voice resonating in my mind saying "I am jealous for you, and I want to be the focus of your heart."
Thoughts are electrical impulses in your mind you can control them however in some people due to mental or physical issues they can't or need medication to help them. Thoughts can come from your subconscious just because you believe you didn't know them doesn't mean anything, you could have forgotten them in your conscious mind. Attributing voices in your head to God isn't a good thing. I advise you to seek medical attention as you may have a condition if a voice is telling you what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokoko View Post
As for what he has done through me, One time when I was driving with my aunt she slammed her finger in the door and it was swollen and she couldn't move it all. I prayed for her and in about 10 seconds she was completely fine with no swelling at all.
That is what we call healing. If her finger was not broken the swelling will go down. You cannot attribute that to prayer. You have no proof that prayer caused or didn't cause it. It is simply the body repairing itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokoko View Post
God has also had me speak to people about personal things in there lives that I had no previous knowledge of thing in.
It's called experience, psychiatrists and therapists do that for a living.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jokoko View Post
I am tired of saying this again and again and AGAIN, but God did not originate. He is eternal. And I'm surprised at your statement about God being matter. Considering how long this thread is, I thought someone would have already covered that God is spirit. [John 4:24]
Ok there are so many things to pick at here. I'll play nice. God cannot be spirit in order to create the universe to do so he would have had some sort of energy reading and I am not talking ghostbusters here. In order to create something you must have the tools and building blocks necessary to do so. It has been found that within this reality and this dimension that things cannot come from nothing. If you can prove that it can then you will have a foot to stand on otherwise your point is null and void.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche


I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. ~ Stephen F. Roberts
Obscene Eyedeas is offline   Reply With Quote