Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2011, 05:28 PM  
jokoko

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death View Post
Probably not the best way to try to refute someone. Personally, I would adress my individual points like I've done with you.
Who ever said I wanted to refute your beliefs? I am merely stating mine because I thought people wanted to know.

Quote:
How can you know this when you have never seen or heard him or any evidence that confirms his existance? As I said, if the universe requires a creator despite the eternal nature of matter (which, like I've already said, makes scientific sense for it to alwasy exist), so does the concept of a god.
Did I ever say that I had no evidence? I don't recall saying that. I do in fact have evidence. Firstly I have evidence in the things God has done in and through me. After coming to trust in Jesus I, almost overnight, went from being a depressed, angsty teen that cried himself to sleep every night because he couldn't go a day without doing something he didn't regret, couldn't control his desires to imagine almost every single girl he saw naked, couldn't behave lovingly to the people I cared about, and didn't cry about anything because nothing mattered enough to stir my emotions to the happiest, giddiest person I know. I now never regret anything that I do. I can look and talk to an attractive woman without ever lusting after her. I used to dislike lots of people, but now I can't help but absolutely love everyone that I meet because my reason for loving them isn't what they have done for or to me but because I am a loving person. And now I cry for a bunch of stuff like when Elie died in "UP" (it broke my heart) God has also communicated things to me in visions and has directly put thoughts in my head like telling me to tell people certain things or answering questions that I have.(I know the thoughts are from God because they will be random and about things that I know nothing of at times that I am thinking of a different subject. Once I even blacked out completely and felt a voice resonating in my mind saying "I am jealous for you, and I want to be the focus of your heart." As for what he has done through me, One time when I was driving with my aunt she slammed her finger in the door and it was swollen and she couldn't move it all. I prayed for her and in about 10 seconds she was completely fine with no swelling at all. God has also had me speak to people about personal things in there lives that I had no previous knowledge of thing in.

Quote:
Well I'm an atheist, so I'm not going to have any religious beliefs, by definition.
No, by definition you don't believe there is a God or are gods, and you still haven't told me what you believe and why you believe it. You have only stated what you don't believe, which I already knew.

Quote:
Then where did God come from? He would be matter that came from nowhere.
I am tired of saying this again and again and AGAIN, but God did not originate. He is eternal. And I'm surprised at your statement about God being matter. Considering how long this thread is, I thought someone would have already covered that God is spirit. [John 4:24]

Quote:
What do you mean? If you're saying God created himself, then that's a paradox; he would have to exist in order to make himself exist - this is a problem loop that cannot be entered. Or have I misunderstood you?
You have consistently misunderstood me.
jokoko is offline   Reply With Quote