Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2011, 04:50 PM  
S̈́ea Wolf Levḯathaחי
deadpie's Forum Picture
Name: Damien Ark
Default Re: Religion

Originally Posted by jokoko View Post
God was NOT created. He does not have a beginning. He is UNCAUSED. Yes, God does explain himself, but he is so vast that the more I learn, the more I realize my mind is not sufficient to grasp him, and I have learned more than most.
Let me say this - we know our universe had a beginning, but we just don't know about before that beginning.

The universe isn't cyclic.

First Law of Thermodynamics: Energy can be changed from one form to another, but it cannot be created or destroyed. The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, merely changing from one form to another. The First Law of Thermodynamics (Conservation) states that energy is always conserved, it cannot be created or destroyed. In essence, energy can be converted from one form into another.
Also, in terms for God to be an uncaused cause (If you're saying it is God that is this uncaused cause, because it could be something else also. Why God?) he would have to be something existing outside of OUR universe, so saying he is a supernatural creature from out of space or this universe and somehow created it. But then you would have to explain why he was not part of the universe and was somehow able to create the universe himself. It doesn't make sense at all.

Also, why does it have to be God that is the uncaused cause? Why can't it be something else? God is just a filler for intellectual laziness to put into things that cannot be explained. God is a very subjective word.

Ever heard of the recycled universe theory? In the competing theory, our universe generates and regenerates itself in an endless cycle of creation. The latest version of the cyclic model even matches key pieces of observational evidence supporting the older view. Some researchers go further and envision a type of infinite time that plays out not just in this universe but in a multiverse—a multitude of universes, each with its own laws of physics and its own life story. Still others seek to revise the very idea of time, rendering the concept of a “beginning” meaningless.

David Lynch, my favorite filmmaker, who made this, which is one of my favorite quotes, said in an interview, "I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it."

So the IDEA of God was caused by mans fear - therefore the word God exists, the IDEA of God exists. However God could not be brought into being without a cause. The reason for this is, that we are not talking about one particle, but we're talking about a being with more particles then the universe; otherwise he would not have had the resources to create the universe without destroying himself. Since he sent his son we know that is not true, but if as christians say God created this world for his creatures, then there was no other universe by their own admission therefore he could not have gotten the matter needed to create this universe as God is matter himself... and where would he have come from and if they say he is not matter, then where did he get the matter to create the universe? Still it is impossible. If you want to build a house you have to have the materials. If nothing but god existed where did he get the materials. Some can shout magic, but the church burned witches, therefore if God had existed and was to create the universe, there would have been no universe only God. So to all Christians my message is "You should be happy God doesn't exist otherwise you wouldn't, it's that simple"

Originally Posted by jokoko View Post
P.S. I don't know if I have asked you, but what are your beliefs? Why do you believe them? I have gathered that you are atheist, but that's all I really know.
I'm an atheist and I believe what I believe because nobody has proven me wrong. That's why I'm debating in this thread. Yes, I DO want someone to completely prove my points wrong. This is a battle to me. I want my atheism shattered and someone to prove to me they're correct and I'm wrong, but that hasn't happened yet.

THE END! THE THREAD EXPLODES WITH FIREWORKS! Good day to you VT. My work here is done.

Last edited by deadpie; April 30th, 2011 at 04:56 PM.
deadpie is offline   Reply With Quote