View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2011, 12:35 PM  
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokoko View Post
Actually no, you only can assume this because you already have previous confirmation of what someone looks like when run over with a car. We only have one universe to work with
Are you sure?

Quote:
and no previous experience with the makings of universes. Though even then, this does not hold because you can't prove that some other cause doesn't have the same effect as the one previously observed.
But we do have all the experience from all the scientific research humanity has ever done. What I'm saying is that I'm not saying that there is one specific thing that humanity found which instantly led to the knowledge of the big bang, but a collection of scientific studies. From that standpoint, it's a bit different.

Quote:
It is not matter that I'm saying requires cause; It is activity that requires cause,
Yes, this is true. But what point is this meant prove?

Quote:
though I do believe God created matter.
What created God?

Remember that matter is eternal; it is neither created nor destroyed, only converted. Therefore, I find it logical to think that matter always existed and God cannot create it from nothing.

Quote:
I have a question as well. Why would you assume that I am saying God is simple?
I don't. What I was saying was that the argument that the universe is too complex to have been able to exist from the start is illogical because so is God.

Quote:
Personally, I find him incomprehensible.
Why? Can he (being a complex and therefore able being) not tell you what he is?

Quote:
Let me rephrase. What about God do you find simple?
I don't find him simple in the slightest. He would have to be more complex than his creation to be able to make it, just like humans are more complex than computers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote