Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2011, 11:39 AM  
jokoko

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpie View Post
That's so filler. God happened and then everything happened? It cannot be proposed that that's even possible. The Big Bang it is just a spacetime point of infinite density. We will never be able to prove your point is possible unless we make a God somehow that makes another universe somehow. It's all batshit crazy. There's no way you can prove that God is the beginning of everything. It's all based on theory.

You would of gotten along really well with this user named Ripplemangle, who's an apologetic.

I'm guessing you're catholic. You know Aquinas said that stupidity was a sin? You know that means all mentally challenged people are pretty much going to be swimming in a lake of flames - mainly for something they can't control? Also, he died before Darwin was ever born, so he didn't have a clue on what Natural Selection meant, which is another problem with Aquinas' Teleological Argument.

Taken from atheismwiki -
  1. Premise: every event has a cause.
  2. Premise: there can be no infinite regress.
  3. Premise: there exists some event e0.
  4. From (1) and (3), it follows that e0 has a cause e1, which in turn has a cause e2, and so on, in an infinite regress.
  5. From (2) we know that there can be no infinite regress, which contradicts (4).
  6. Therefore, at least one of the premises must be false.
The first thing you said up at the top is, once again, NOT what Aquinas was saying. He is saying that God is uncaused that he NEVER happened just always was and perpetually is. For your second point, I am not trying to prove anything, just explaining a point of view, and yea, I agree it is crazy and can't be proven, but neither can any other theory about the beginning of the universe because we weren't there to see it. As for your second paragraph... Did you forget that I am NOT Aquinas and any qualms with his theology should be taken up with him. I was just explaining a quote that someone else made, not making a case for Aquinas. And as you have probably gleaned from my above statements, I would say that the fourth asterisk is wrong because God is not an event, and is the first cause. Nothing caused God to create, his creating-the-universe-ness was always there as a part of who God is. (sorry for the made up word, it was necessary considering we don't have an English equivalent.

P.S. I am glad to hear your opinion. Please state your views and why you believe them. If you already have, then can you tell me which page? There are far too many to go through.
jokoko is offline   Reply With Quote