Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
God SURE helps us thats for sure!!!
I mean look at the Holocaust!!!
Look at all the natural disasters!!!
Look at 9/11!!
Look at all these wars!!
Look at darfur!!
Look at Bosnia!!
Look at the whole fucking continent of Africa!!
. . . And then look at the USA. The last super power (yes, russia no longer is one) remaining in the world -- a country with freedom, democracy, healthcare, great resources, intelligent people (not the most intelligent, but doing better than Bosnia, I bet) -- which was founded on religion and the belief in one almighty God (You'll recall that everything from our judicial system to our Constitution reflects this belief, and that the founding fathers were mostly religious men). Hmmmmm, we turned out pretty well compared to the rest of the world.

If you're going to suggest that faith hasn't helped anything, I'm entitled to suggest that it's the reason we have what we do. Does it offend you?

Quote:
Plato once said there was a perfect form of everything -- a perfect dog, a perfect chair, a perfect man -- and that everything was a shadow of this one perfect form. Now, if we follow this line of thinking, that means that somewhere in the universe there is the perfect form of the perfect, absolute and complete idiot, and he left here an hour ago.

-- Gideon, Babylon 5
Rogue 4 is offline   Reply With Quote