Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2011, 10:51 PM  
Severus Snape
Nice Poster
Severus Snape's Forum Picture
Default Re: Religion

Originally Posted by music is my soul View Post
they didnt know half of the laws of science. the book of genesis was writen thousands of years ago. and what does that have to do with anything anyway.
I am going to infer you are a Christian based on your previous posts. Let me help you explain how science has systematically and over the centuries slowly chipped away at the facade that is general religious ignorance.

Justifying the old testament is useless, as it is simply an incoherent collection of desert scribblings written by the Middle East's first (popular) single god worshiping culture.

but I digress. The problem with Christianity right now is that dogmatic, central tenets of the faith have been disprove by science. This leaves its adherents stranded intellectually stranded. The result of this is the development of a particularly odious sect of apologists attempting to reconcile scientific truth with ancient dogma. They are failing. They are failing miserably. The development of concepts such as intelligent design is a moral failing of the apologists who think it is ok for them simply to doctor up the ignorance of two thousand years of Christian thought with a simple reworking of their principles to fit the facts. Its a pathetic attempt to save face in an almost futile attempt to save organized religion from itself.

Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves, who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad memories and allow themselves to be provoked this easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance.
Severus Snape is offline   Reply With Quote