Thread: Weight Problem
View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2006, 12:46 PM  
My_Toes_Are_Cold
Member+

My_Toes_Are_Cold's Forum Picture

Default Weight Problem

I'm 15 years old, I'm 5 feet 8 inches, and according to my scales, I've been losing weight for a while now. I used to weight 185lbs, and I started to cut down on my foot intake and worked out from time to time since June of 2006. I now weight 165lbs (according to the scales), but I don't think it's healthy weight loss. Although the scales say I'm losing weight, and my knees are definetely feeling better, I still feel very overweight. It feels like a double-chin has grown (and I believe it's very visible), and it bothers the hell out of me.

I'm also worried that my body is just eating itself, due to my low-calorie diet. I typically try to just barely get enough, making sure I intake over 1,000 calories. However, this is easy, because I only eat 3 meals a day, with no snacks (except for the occasional bag of popcorn for movies), so I do not feel like I'm starving myself or anything. I don't do much cardio, but I still lose weight. I learned that your body goes for two things when it needs energy: eats your muscles first, and then eats your fat. And I weightlift, and it busts my balls to believe that all my work is being countered by my body eating it away.

I weightlift every other day, and it gets my heart beating to about 2-3 beats per second, and I do sweat, but it's not like running. Somedays my body aches were my muscles are, and feel weak afterwards, and I'm afraid that my body is eating my muscles. But, I'm not sure if it's just from lifting, or from atrophy.

So, I ask 4 questions.

1. What's a way to get rid of my double chin?
2. How am I losing weight, even though I'm not really working out that much, and should I be worried?
3. Should I be eating more?
4. Are my aches from lifting, or from my body eating the muscle?

Thanks for reading my insecurities.

My toes are cold.
My_Toes_Are_Cold is offline   Reply With Quote