Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2011, 11:08 AM  
Spook
Awesome Poster

Spook's Forum Picture

Name: Caitlin
Post Re: Religion

One question that really has been on my mind...and other opinions.

First off, why do members of one faith criticize members of another? How can we know for sure that our faith is right? Very true! I don't think we eve can be sure until we die.

I think that every major religion in the world holds a piece of the truth. If they all started acting in the manner they say they should, then maybe we could find the real truth. Also true--people say their religion is "peaceful and caring of the human race" but they make war with the other religions! How is that for peaceful?

I don't believe in the traditional fire and brimstone hell, though. I believe that if you die and your not worthy of God and the light, your soul stays here on Earth. That sounds much better than burning down there. :/

When it comes to the Islam world's anger at the Pope's statements, here's what I have to say:

1) The Pope quoted the writing that stated the Islam is violent and evil.
2) The Islam responds how? By violence! Yep. Like I said above, people say their religion is of peace, but to any other religion they are violent.

What do you believe and why do you believe it? I am a Christan, but I am not those super-strong Christians that have these morals about what you can and cannot do--I think that's up to the person. Also, I don't believe in nuns. It's just...ugh. They are religious, sure, but giving up having children, and having love??? It's kind of sad to me. God put us on earth to serve him and to thrive.

All in all, very good thread. It got me thinking.

Spook is offline   Reply With Quote