View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2006, 05:13 PM  
Phantom
Awesome Poster

Phantom's Forum Picture

Default Re: Government "fairness" creates monopolies. Here is the evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
That's a bad analogy because apple juice isn't a necessity. If one business controlled all the airlines in the usa and prices were sky high, and I need to fly to Los Angeles, what choice to I have? You may not be "forced" to buy anything but when you need to buy something and aren't given another choice, then I'm left with no choice but to pay the huge price because thats the only company.
First of all there would always be more company's to fly from.
But just for the sake of argument lets say that one company owned it all. What would stop some other small company from coming along and starting another one? They would make huge bucks because everyone would fly with them because they don't charge so much.
Anyways even if a company had a monopoly they wouldn't raise prices, its bad for business.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself John Stuart Mill
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4...rtarianlq5.png
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote