View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2011, 11:06 PM   #1
screamtobeheard
Great Poster

screamtobeheard's Forum Picture

Name: Amanda
Question Don't think I have it...

So all my friends have convinced themselves that I have OCD, especially my best friend at school who has been endorsed by her doctor father and sister who has it. :/ I'm pretty sure I don't have it, because I don't think my symptoms are really OCD symptoms...idk.
I think the biggest thing with them is that I have to balance my left side with my right, but the way I balance it doesn't make sense. I have to do everything with my left side, even though I'm right handed. And if I do something with my right side, I have to do it repeatedly on my left (usually 2, 6, or a multiple of 5 times). And if someone touches my right side, I'll go around rubbing the corresponding part of my left side until it feels somewhat. If people touch that side too much, I'll have a mild anxiety attack. I always walk up the steps starting and ending with my left foot. All my money has to have the presidents' heads facing up and to the left. Little things. Sometimes I don't notice them, but I know I do a lot of things in a certain way a certain number of times every day or it stresses me out. Sometimes it's unconscious. Like, no matter what table I'm at, I always sit at the same spot. This was recently brought to my attention. But that doesn't equate to OCD, does it? I'm not obsessive about washing my hands or anything...she calls a lot of what I do "rituals." I don't know. Does anyone have an opinion on this?
screamtobeheard is offline   Reply With Quote