View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2011, 03:52 AM   #2
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith
Default Re: OCD and New Member

Welcome to VT

Hand sanitizer was my first obsession actually. I started collecting more and more, using it more. Then I had a compulsion with that stuff. I now have it with me everywhere. I'm not exactly a germaphobe, but I'm a bit of a hypochondriac so it kind of goes along with that.

I've never heard of voices being a symptom of OCD. They can occur sometimes in bipolar disorder, very often in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia also has OCD aspects, that's one reason why my psychologist thinks I might actually be schizophrenic instead, because I have the OCD plus psychosis with auditory and visual hallucinations and paranoia

Mental Illnesses usually always get worse before they get better. A lot of the time, they won't get better without therapy and/or medication. I'm happy you're doing well.

I'm keeping my OCD around though, I'm a horrible role model and I don't do meds outside my sleep meds and medication for my medical issues. They work for some people, others not so much. I want to learn to live independently from medication.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote