View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2011, 01:56 AM  
Death
Awesome Poster

Death's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatelovelive View Post
I love you too, bro. Wanna have an Atheist wedding completely void of anything that considered to be religious?
Knowing religion, this would probably be the only wedding we would be able to have. In most places at least.

Quote:
Also, people refusing to debate on a FORUM AND THREAD WHERE YOU DEBATE is fucking hilarious.
I know exactly what you mean. I had this on my "Homosexuals - Born or Become?" thread, except that it went on for what seemed to be nearly a page. Probably shouldn't say more than that right now.

Quote:
Seriously, are these people for real? Do they think that by coming onto this thread and saying "I love God", "There is a God" and refusing to explain themselves, we will all suddenly change our stances on religion because you came on here and said so? Imagine if Dawkins/Hitchens/Einstein/anybody who debates religion turned up for some high-profile debate and said "There isn't a God and I have evidence that disproves their supposed existence, but I don't want to show you. Thank you for turning up, and good night". They wouldn't get away with it then so why do some people on here think they can on this thread? Silly religionists...
You're right of course, but I can kinda see why they would do it. People like Dawkins (and me) have likely already gone through the stage of critical thinking when becoming an atheist and will from their experiences with religion be able to know how to argue against it. If you look at a lot of religious people however, some of them have only been brought up with religion drilled into them from infancy and will probably have not experienced true 'atheism' until coming onto the internet. Rather succinct for an upbringing if you think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
Perhaps the entire argument [the death penalty] can be summarised in just a sentence.

We kill people who kill people to show others that killing is wrong.
Death is offline   Reply With Quote