View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2006, 01:33 PM  
what the?
Nice Poster

what the?'s Forum Picture

Default Re: my dumb friend...

I think that many people have misconceptions about the Churches views towards homosexuality. For example, the Anglican Communion has mixed and completely contradictory views, varying from church to church, from churches who don't accept LGBT members, to churches who are quite happy to ordain openly LGBT, partnered, non-celibate bishops.

I don't think it's fair to say that all Christians believe one thing, all Jews think another, all Muslims think something else, and so on and so forth. People believe what they believe and that isn't always dictated by their religion. Lord's servant dude believes what he believes. He's entitled to his opinion, whether you share that opinion, is obviously up to you. Please don't start getting all, 'this is fact because I said so'. Yes, by all means, state your beliefs, but don't tell other people that what they believe is wrong, unless you can back it up with facts, not opinions.

Personally, I believe that if there is such a place as 'hell', that we're all going anyway. Regardless of who's gay, we should be worrying about all the people that lie, cheat, kill, and so on. If God is who I think they are, I doubt they give a flying fuck about who we love anyway...

Sorry if I offended anyone, but that's your problem, I've got a right to believe what ever I like, just the same as the next person.

And the sun sets in the sky
You're the apple of my eye
If the bomb goes off again
In my brain or on the train
I hope that I'm with you
'Cos I wouldn't know what to do
It means nothing
what the? is offline   Reply With Quote