Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2006, 06:36 PM  
Melchi0r
Awesome Poster

Melchi0r's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Tonight I purchased a book called "The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical" by Shane Claiborne.

It's about the author's radical faith community called the Simple Way, that he co-founded with a bunch of other young radical Christians.. The Simple Way, which are all young men and women, live in a destitue neighborhood of Philadelphia with the poor and homeless. They're trying to live like Jesus and his earliest converts, which would be pretty radical judging by the way lots of Christians live today: materialistic, independent, seperating government from religion. He points out everything wrong with society, saying "The World Cannot Afford The American Dream." Shane is hilarious, using terms like "Spiritual Masturbation", while being a very wise wise Christian. The Simple Way spreads the good news, yet they are not over-evangelical or sell-outs. I just started it today and it's pretty good so far. I suggest any Christian or anyone looking into the religion should check this book out.

Please Click Here... you know you want to.

Only hyms upon your lips...
Melchi0r is offline   Reply With Quote