Thread: Global Warming
View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2006, 06:54 PM  
Awesome Poster
Phantom's Forum Picture
Default Re: Patriotism

Originally Posted by BornAgain View Post
What we do now will have a knock on effect. The damage is not obvious or clear untill one looks back in hindsight. I cannot be bothered to argue with one as deep in denial as you. I shall leave you in your bubble of delusion now.
Yes just blow me off instead of debating.
You can't you have no counter argument whatsoever to the facts I have shown you.

Originally Posted by redcar View Post
ok here we go. the earths population is increasing at a massive rate, and as we get bigger we have more energy requirements. now where do we get our energy from? for our cars etc. fossil fuels! now what happens when we burn fossil fuels, for the people among us who didnt study science, we get Carbon Dioxide (CO2). now CO2 is a green house gas and that is fine, but we are having an excess amount of CO2 being emmitted and this is causing an excess amount of said gas in our atmosphere, along with the depletion of ozone due to the reaction with the Chlorine molecule (Cl2), we are causing an increase in the greenhouse effect, thus increasing the temperature and there we have global warming.
Now you tell me why the ice age stopped even though we didn't have any of these things? I will tell you why its natural cycle of the earth.

Why were the middle ages also the warmest period for humans?

Earth goes through periods of warming and cooling that is a FACT

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself John Stuart Mill
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote