Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

Name: Kodie
Default Re: another question

I know how ya feel man
belive me
here:

The Facts

Erection of the penis (often at the wrong time) is normal, especially for teenage boys. It does not indicate that the boy may be gay or becoming a sex maniac.
"Erection of the penis during adolescence can be very rapid. Full erection can be achieved within three to five seconds from the start of stimulation. Stimulation can be direct or indirect through fantasy. The adolescent's penis at times seems to have a 'mind of its own' and will erect at awkward moments, causing him to feel embarrassed. It may erect for example after being rubbed slightly by his clothes while he is walking, due to pressure when he sits down, to the touch of bodies...., to daydreams, while he is listening to stories with a sexual theme, while he is talking to girls, or while he is looking at advertising displays featuring the female body" (1)
Erections can also happen while the teenager is doing an activity he particularly likes or one that causes strong emotions such as excitement or fear (e.g. abseiling or go-kart racing) or for absolutely no reason at all - even at church!

It is not uncommon for a boy to experience an erection when he definitely doesn't want one - like when getting changed or showering with others after sports. There is something about having other naked bodies around you that can trigger you off. Also, if one guy gets and erection, you can be sure that others will respond the same way in a very short space of time!

It is the release of the male hormone "testosterone" into the blood stream that causes your body to over-react to all these situations and give you erections of your penis.

Physically speaking, erections happen when your brain directs extra blood to your penis. This is needed when you are an adult to be able to successfully have sex with a woman for pleasure and to produce children. As a teenager, your brain has to learn to 'get it right' about when to send the extra blood down there. While your brain learns, you have to put up with all the 'false alarms'! "Now?" says the brain. "No, not now" you respond. "Oops - too late to turn back. Let's trigger off the embarrassment center in the brain instead!".
Whenever I'm playing football or baseball on the Sony PlayStation I always get an erection. age 16, Missouri (11)
I don't know why, but when "E. T." lights his finger up. That just gives me an erection for some reason. age 12, Florida (3)
My first "sexual experience," if you can call it that, came when I was about 8 years old, watching a James Bond film. One of the Bond Girls removed her bra. You didn't see anything, but the very idea of an exposed breast gave me what I later understood to be my first erection. I'm 19 now. USA (3)
This is ridiculous. I'm 19, and I still wake up EVERY day with an erection. But that's not the ridiculous part. I seem to have some sort of clock in my penis that knows it's 10 AM. Every day, at 10AM, I get an erection. It doesn't matter whether I'm at work, sitting in my car, or in school. It's embarrassing! I've been dealing with the 10 AM erection, as well as ones at other random times, since I was 14. Aren't the random erections supposed to stop by now? I'm tired of trying to hide it all the time. (3)
Although the number of unwanted erections decreases as the boy moves into adulthood, he never gets total control over that member of his body throughout his entire adult life!

It is normal for all guys to often have several erections at night while sleeping and to wake in the morning with one as well.

What you can do about it?

Males are aroused sexually mainly by what they see with their eyes or with their mind's eye (imagination). They can also be aroused by other sources too e.g. touch or smell but usually to a lesser extent.

Controlling your thoughts and what you look at can go some way to helping stop unwanted erections, but whatever you do, erections will still remain a part of the adolescent boy's life!

Gym showers

I get so many emails about guys understandably being afraid of getting an erection or being tormented about their "size" when they are forced to shower together after sport sessions. For some guys this is a fear that dominates the rest of their week leading up to gym class.

Firstly, you can be assured that very few guys are comfortable with the group shower situation, that is especially typical of the US system. You are not alone in your feelings! The guys who would make fun of you are generally the ones who feel the most insecure and try and get the attention onto someone else.

If you spend time fearing an erection, then it will most likely happen! It is like setting an exercise of trying not to think of pink elephants for the next 5 minutes - and what can't you help thinking about then?
Watch what you are looking at in the change room. Every guy is turned on by what they see and that particularly relates to teenagers with any situation even remotely sexual - and guys walking around with no clothes on comes into the "sexual" category! Just get on with what you have to do and then leave. While you are in the change room, try and send your mind to another place! Think about mowing the lawn or painting the house!

Instead of imagining yourself "failing" during the showers, try and imagine yourself going through the whole shower scene and coming out without having had an erection! That might take some effort at first, but sports stars use that method all the time to visualize themselves as winners to overcome their fears.

These tips might help but they are not a guarantee. Teenagers get erections all the time and that is life - it could happen to any guy in the shower!