Thread: My sister
View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2011, 07:18 AM   #1
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy
Default My sister

Well i'm sure i've posted in here before about my sister, but new things have come to light.

My sister has always been very weird with certain things. When she was younger she was incredibly fussy with her shoes. If they don't feel right, she won't wear them. She would sit there for 30 minutes just trying to get her shoes exactly right. If we tried to get her to hurry up she'd shout at us.

She's also had a very strict bedtime routine. Ever since she was a young toddler (she's 11 now) she's had a routine that has to be carried out. My mum has to be there for all of it. She has to sort out her teddies and pillows and get them exactly right, then go to the toilet one last time. Then my mum has to get her water and then they have to say the same thing that they've said for the last 8 years or so. Always the same speech, she knows it off by heart. If my mum does it wrong, they have to start again.

I also latley found out that she lip bites. I suppose this is self harm. I was looking it up and I read this:

http://www.netwellness.org/question.cfm/60586.htm

She does do it sevrely. Until it bleeds everywhere.

My mum has mentioned to me in the past how she thinks my sister might have OCD, and my mum is a doctor. As soon as she says it though she always goes "Oh I shouldn't say that". Almost like she's denying it.

What do you people who actually have OCD think about it? Or anyone else without the disorder?

Thanks for anyone who replies

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Itís your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote