View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2006, 09:28 PM  
schrei jess
Awesome Poster

Default Re: [freakingout] i cant do this!

That's true what BornAgain said. Currently in danger and have been in danger are way different. If you havent cut for three motnhs (that's awesome, btw), and your suicide attempt was a year ago - she doesnt have much right at all. It's things like that that make us not want to talk or trust therapists. I feel like I cant talk about anything that matters because they will just turn right around and tell my parents. My parents already know about my cutting and my other issues, but I just want some privacy from them. Once you've done something like attempt suicide or self-harm and you tell someone, there is no turning back, it feels like you can have nothing to yourself.

Do you like your therapist? I dont mean right now, because I dont like my therapist and counselor when they call my parents and tell them what Ive told them, but have you ever liked him/her or trusted them at all? If not, can you get a new one? It's important to try and get a therapist that you can talk to and feel like you can trust. But whats hard for me to get is that how can we ever trust them if they are required by law to tell our parents if we are doing something harmful! I know that it isnt right to harm yourself or whatever, but it's ridiculous for us to be expected to get better when all of our secrets get spilled.

Sorry, I kind of went off the subject

Good luck, it's going to be hard to have your parents know what's going on, but you'll make it.

I DO NOT GO ON HERE ANYMORE. I HAVE LEFT THIS PLACE FOR GOOD AND DON'T INTEND ON COMING BACK. PLEASE DON'T FRIEND REQUEST ME, PRIVATE MESSAGE ME, OR ANYTHING BECAUSE I WILL NEVER SEE IT AND YOU'LL NEVER GET A RESPONSE. THANK YOU.
schrei jess is offline   Reply With Quote