View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2006, 07:03 PM  
schrei jess
Awesome Poster

Default Re: physical effects from depression

Harrie sadness and depression are alike, but are two different things. Both are in the down side of the mood spectrum - but depression is longer lasting, and more severe.

Sadness may last for a little bit and then will clear up. Depression doesnt clear up on its own, it isnt as simple.

Like for example, say your dog just died and you cry a lot, or miss it a lot. See that would be sadness, because after a little while, you may still miss it but you dont stay down on it for forever, you eventually get back to normal. Now say your mother died, the result could be depression. Losing someone that close to you would probably throw you into depression. Depression is a 24/7 kind of thing, you have to get therapy and/or medicene to clear it up.

Usually you can tell the difference between the two. To sum it up, sadness lasts only for a little while and doesnt interfere with your life that much, but depression can interfere with your day to day life, and you might never see happiness for some time.

Does this make sense?

I DO NOT GO ON HERE ANYMORE. I HAVE LEFT THIS PLACE FOR GOOD AND DON'T INTEND ON COMING BACK. PLEASE DON'T FRIEND REQUEST ME, PRIVATE MESSAGE ME, OR ANYTHING BECAUSE I WILL NEVER SEE IT AND YOU'LL NEVER GET A RESPONSE. THANK YOU.
schrei jess is offline   Reply With Quote