View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2006, 01:04 PM  
xTheLordsServantx
Member+

xTheLordsServantx's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSoulWraith View Post
I'm Animistic, and live with my way Christian family. My mother still is Christian, but wont go to church because she doesn't believe in many small rules they have. I dont agree withsome of the rules or laws wichever you prefer Animism has, but I still agree with some of it. I don't believe in Hell. If God is so kind (as stated in the bible), why would he send even the cruelest person to Hell. Why wouldn't he forgive them. I don't believe in violence. It's idiotic and can just as easily, probably easier, be solved in words. I've never been in a physical fight, and hope to keep it that way. If other people fight that's not my business, really. I would never critisize another faith. I don't know who's faith is right. You kind of have to take a guess and if it's wrong..... well I doubt that I'll ever find out, so I don't care. Sometimes I like to think that there's no God or Gods. I start to think that religion is just something to explain what we haven't discovered, or don't like. Who knows. Religion is a tricky subject. It's impossible to really know if your right. Personally I think it's odd that some people have the nerve to even try to disprove somone else's faith. Hope I didn't leave out anything./Edit: Oh, and religious wars. If Hell is existant......... that's where your going. Correct me if I'm wrong Christians, but isn't there a commandment that says thou shall not use violence or something like that? Don't take any of my thoughts personally please, I'd rather not have a debate over it. To Anthony: Then don't live a Christian life. My parents wanted me to stay with a Christian faith, but I said they can't control my faith. My mom didn't care, but my dad was angry.
Im sorry that you dumped your faith in Christ to become an animist. I will pray for you though. And to answer your question about God, stating:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSoulWraith
If God is so kind (as stated in the bible), why would he send even the cruelest person to Hell. Why wouldn't he forgive them.
God is extremely forgiving, but we have to ask for forgiveness. He doesnt just give it to us. He teaches us that it is ok to admit you have done something wrong, and that you can get forgiveness and forget about it.

As with all false religion, animism is simply another scheme of Satan, the father of lies. Yet many throughout the world are being deceived by the “adversary, the devil, [who] walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour” (1 Peter 5:8).

Its also unfortunate that you have denied God, although there are miracles and scientific evidences, which prove His existence. But you going to God is a personal journey that you have to make for yourself.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Forever praise Him

Please check out this website if you have any questions: http://www.gotquestions.org/archive.html
xTheLordsServantx is offline   Reply With Quote