Old January 2nd, 2011, 02:10 PM  
Apparitions
Nice Poster

Apparitions's Forum Picture

Name: Dan
Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oby. View Post
I'm Christian, but my views on it are kind of demented.
How so?
Quote:
Personally, I think that science and religion play a hand on hand thing, you know?
Why? Science is more logical than religion and seeks to prove itself which religion rarely does.
Quote:
I mean, I think that God created the big bang. I mean, its not impossible.
Evidence to suggest this? You can't come out with something like that with no proof. Oh wait, religion has been doing that for the last fuck knows how many years.
Quote:
Even if they do know what triggered the big bang, there will still be more and more questions like, what triggered the trigger, or what created the trigger, and shit like that.
So what? People have thought about this for ages and have no answers. If scientists don't know how it happened then why would religion? This 'ad infininitum' idea has been about for ages.
Quote:
And I think the only way to explain that fully with with a god.
Why? Can't you just accept that some things can't be proved and not resort to believing in what is equivalent to a fairy tale?
Quote:
So I think, just like Melchi0r said, God created the dinosaurs first. He wiped them out, which, you know, he has done before, and decided it was time for humans.
So you admit that your God is a mass-murderer of his own creations? Also, why do you think this happened when there is no evidence to suggest that a god/a higher being is responsible for the extinction of dinosaurs?
Quote:
I think that Evolution is a load of bull
Even though there is more evidence in favour of it than there is for Creationism which is just ridiculous and far fetched.
Quote:
I mean, hey, if it is proven, then my views might change to Melch's, but until then, I'll believe God created Adam and even and so on so on.
Then you are deluded. Sorry, but it's the truth. You might have trouble understanding the word 'truth' seeing as you've been lied to all your life by religious people about how the world works etc.

Quote:
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."
-Albert Einstein
You do know Einstein was Atheist or at least quite skeptical of religion, right? I believe that there is an extension to that quote as well which shows this, however I've forgotten it and I can't be bothered to Google it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Nomad View Post
It's called Ad infinitum. What triggered the trigger? Who created God? God? Then who created that god? Another god? And it goes on indefinitely.
Ah, this is one of the things that made me Atheist. I've tried asking religious people who created their God and for some strange reason I never get an answer. Funny, that is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Nomad View Post
Evolution is a scientific Fact. Calling it a load of bull is in itself madness. We are from apes, my friends, we are. Adam and Eve is just a story.
Evolution is a lot more believable than Creationism, which IMO has absolutely no place in education. It's just more logical and there is more evidence for it than there is for Creationism.

Last edited by Apparitions; January 2nd, 2011 at 04:55 PM.
Apparitions is offline   Reply With Quote