View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2006, 03:54 PM  
Retro Tin Canz
Retro Tin Canz's Forum Picture
Default Re: an Untitled story by my friend Catie and I

Shamus was right. Oh, my god has this gotten ridiculous. Looking back, I was just a 14 year old girl, worrying about my algebra grade and whatnot. Now, I’m a…God, I don’t know WHAT I am anymore. I had my adventure. But now I didn’t want it.
And now this. Back in another cell, with another metal thing on my neck. My mind reeled with thoughts: What were they going to do to us? Had Ceil stopped us there on purpose? Not that I had another one on, would properly taking this one off prevent my black cocoon thing from happening? Would they take it off? Where were the others? Why was this cell padded?
I curled into a ball, just wanting to go back home. This much stress could cause a person to die, but somehow, I figured stress wouldn’t be my cause of death. I didn’t even know what day it was, and frankly, I didn’t care.
Time passed, but I didn’t know how much. Five minutes, an hour, a day, a week? I didn’t know. Within this time frame, however, someone came in around the time the others woke up.
“What’s going on?” Shamus and Iris saying, oddly harmonizing.
“Hold still, This won't hurt if you stay calm. We're going to inject you with a serum. You won't feel any side effects, so don't worry.” The one closest to Iris said, injecting her with some sort of liquid. I squeezed into a tighter ball as someone came over and punctured my own neck with one of the needles. I was scared to death, but the young man who had the serum had a calming aura around him. His dark hair reminded me of Ham’s, but his eyes were an odd green color. He took my hand and pulled me to my feet as the Power interrupter on my neck fell off.
“Matthias! Gennadius! Thank Heaven, you've finally switched sides!” Ceil said enthusiastically. They embraced each other.
“What’s going on here?” I echoed Shamus and Iris, narrowing my eyes.
“To put it simply we used to work with Vollmer. Now we've joined the League, where Ceil comes from. There. Now let's skedaddle,” the other man with white-blonde hair said, collecting all the Power interrupters.
“Wait, I’m not sure I want to go with you if you’re in cahoots with Ceil. Why should we?” Shamus asked. I raised an eyebrow at his…interesting word choice.
“Because if you do not, you will be killed along with your friends who are down the hallway. You have time to save them before Vollmer makes his rounds again. By the way, I am Gennadius,” the Dark haired one near me said.
“Can I ask a question?” I asked softly. The blonde—Matthias—nodded, “Now that my chip has been taken out properly, do I have my complete power back?”
“Yes, that is the way it works. This is why we used the injection instead of the electricity,” Matthias replied, “Are you ready to go?”
I nodded, and the now six of us began down the hallway, one at a time. Ceil, Matthias, and Gennadius went first to make sure the coast was clear, and opened the door.
As soon as I stepped up to see my colleagues, my heart began pounding.
“Oh, God,” I whispered, my hand to my mouth. They were all so…broken. They winced at seeing so much light at once, at seeing someone other than those who had done this to them.
Ham was the first to get over his shock.
“Ro? Oh, my God, Ro, it’s you!” he said, struggling to stand up.
“No, stay down. Please, don’t hurt yourself.” He smiled grimly.
“I wish,” he replied. Shamus and Iris joined us, but our reunion couldn’t last too long, or else we’d be discovered.
“Are you gonna get us out, Ro?” Giggles asked, her eyes shining with spirit. Shyam, Butch, and Uma perked up as well.
“We’re going to try our hardest, sweetie. We have help. They’ll get your chips out, and we’ll get you out of here,” I said encouragingly. I hope, I added in my thoughts.

Oh don't worry, things will pick up VERY soon.

And we'll see our good friend, Rip once more.

Exciting, eh?

"Sing when the only microphone is your hairbrush...
Dance when the only audience is your mirror...
And act whenever you feel like it."
~Catherine Olivia

I have now realized that I could care less about what other people think of me, and thusforth, I am becoming an //individual// again.

Check out my blog!--
Retro Tin Canz is offline   Reply With Quote