View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2006, 08:00 PM  
xTheLordsServantx
Member+

xTheLordsServantx's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
I do not believe in Christianity. As far as I can remember, I've had my doubts. I find that living life for myself and not for God or Jesus makes the most sense for me. I rely on myself and make choices on what I think is right. When I'm in crisis, I get support through research, friends, experts; anything that's at my fingertips. Not through prayer. I believe that prayer is the least productive thing to do when you need help and it's guarenteed to fail.

I believe those who call themselves Christians but isn't religious is not a Christian. It's very contradicting to say you're Christian but not religious. If saying you're not religious means that you don't pracitce at all or vey minor things, then you're not a Christian. You're basically a shopping cart Christian which means that you pick and choose what things you do., so you really arent Christian at all. You just made your own version (basically what a denomination does).

I believe that the "non-religious Christians " are mostly ones who really don't believe 100% but basically very little but arent daring enough to cut it off completely (wether family reasons, fear of going to hell if it is true). I know because I was like that for awhile. Though now I don't believe in heaven or hell. I dont fear hell because I believe it doesnt exist.

I'm just going to live life how I want to and have little influence as possible. When I die, I die and whatever happens will happen, but I'd rather live life without the restraints of religon.
Im glad you expressed your beliefs, now its time for me to express mine:

You say that when u are in trouble, u look not to God, but to yourself, and therefore succeed. The Bible tells us that although u may succeed in life, while devout christians may suffer, does not disprove God. What it does is it tests your faith. You have put your faith in youself and not God. Its tests us to see how strong our faith is. Maybe your prayer does not work because u are not sincere or because u doubt Him as pray. And i have another question for u, do u actually think that just because u dont believe in something, means its not real? NO, it does not. I also want to let u know that religion does not place restraints, but allows us to live lives free of sin and live our lives the way God wanted us to live our lives. Its not that hard.

Look at it this way:

If hes real, and u repent ur sins and take christ as your savior, u will go to eternal bliss and joy in heaven with God, which is a positive

If hes not real, and u repent anyways, u arent losing any thing, and u also wuld be a better person

So basically, its a win win situation, in which ur not losing anything.

So, I ask all of u reading this, 2 things:
1) Next time u pray, just try to have a bit of faith when u do it. Even if its just a bit
2) If u Accept Jesus as your savior, and repent your sinsto God, u will be losing NOTHING

Please just think about those two things
God Bless all of u, and may you find the strength to overcome any problems and find the truth.

Thank you

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Forever praise Him

Please check out this website if you have any questions: http://www.gotquestions.org/archive.html
xTheLordsServantx is offline   Reply With Quote