View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2006, 11:01 AM  
Phantom
Awesome Poster

Phantom's Forum Picture

Default Re: Guns!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by popo93 View Post
I don't think that part of the consitution is right, also, how about we get rid of some of the violence in our culture, too? Then you won't have many people doin that. Do you think Columbine would've happened had the kids used baseball bats or knives?
Read cmpcmp's post.
The reason we have that law is to protect us from the government taking over in a fascism. The first thing Hitler did was take away guns so the people would be more easily conquered.
We don't have any more of a violent culture than anybody else.
It is all the fucking gang bangers killing each other over dumb shit.
Columbine would probably still have happened. The kids would have gotten guns if they wanted to. You know in my neighborhood I can find weed at will.
Why would guns be any different.
O yeah and if guns kill people spoons made Rosie o Donald fat, or just replace the Rosie o Donald with a number of things.
Should we take away spoons so people don't get fat?
Its called responsibility its something I believe in as a libertarian.
Should we force everyone to wear a helmet on a motorcycle? No because you are stupid if you don't. Same with guns. Be responsible learn some safety tips, teach your kids about them at an early age and everything will be fine.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself John Stuart Mill
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4...rtarianlq5.png
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote