View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2006, 07:38 PM  
Cap'nCrunch
Nice Poster

Default Re: Anyone know stuff about Acid?

LSD is NOT addictive in any way (psychologically or physically). I guarantee that . Acid doesn't provide an escape from reality. In fact, it makes you confront your issues; "It's just a tool to turn us into what we are supposed to be."

There were a hell of a lot of myths put into circulation in the late 60s and through the 70s about acid "going to the base of your spinal cord and fucking you up." It doesn't. The real problem behind LSD is HPPD. Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder. This is when you have damaged your brain from long-term abuse of hallucinogens (LSD, mushrooms, etc).

A flashback could happen anytime after abusing LSD (at least after the metabolites leave your body). Of course, the more you've abused will result in a higher chance of a flashback. Even one high dose could be responsible for a flashback many, many years down the road. Nobody's sure what triggers flashbacks.

As a rule of thumb, when you try acid for the first time or when you're trying a new batch of acid, start with one hit. I'm usually peaking 2 hours after dosing. I've tripped alone twice, but I'm pretty experienced with psychedelics and keeping control when under the influence. I recommend a trip-sitter. "Seeing stuff that isn't there" is not very descriptive. You don't see pink cows and shit like that. More often you see distortions in faces, walls, vivid colors, euphoria, stimulation, increased blood pressure, dilated pupils, and time dilation. After dosing, I'm usually high for about 8 hours. Enjoy.