View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2006, 09:18 PM  
Phantom
Awesome Poster

Phantom's Forum Picture

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
okay how bout this if one country cant be bashed but america can then why dont we just make a new rule where your not allowed to bash any country
I'm Canadian I live VERY close to America, were one of there top allies, I have been to America MANY times, my best friend lives in San Fransisco, I see ALLOT of american news and we own an outfitting company so this season alone i've met over 100 americans from all over the country
America has problems like everyother country on the planet the reason they get allot of media attention is because there the last remaining super power is that there fault? no! For a LOOOOOONG time no country wanted to step up to the plate and try to become one themselves
America has the worlds most advanced millitary on the planet they have used this to try and help basically they've become the worlds police and they have done ALLOT of good hell an American invented the internet that were using right now to communicate from all around the globe.
nobody ever comments on the great things america has done but there quick to slam them for ANY mishap

America is a GREAT country and its taking allot of heat right now for the war in the middle east

Canada has 2,500 troops in one of the hottest areas of afganistan right now and personally i'm fucking proud of that! Canada has commited the third largest force to the NATO run operation, were in charge of Kandahar

Hyper i'm sorry but I agree with phantom that if you live on the oposite end of the planet in an ex soviet country allot of your information could be very biased
I'm not trying to attack you
I'm not trying to be mean but if what you've stated there is the main part of where your knolege about the United States of America comes from then you honestly dont know much
theres nothing wrong with that to be completly honest I never even knew your country existed till just now so I can't say much about your government or its policys like do you even have a democracy? i honestly dont know

Just like I honestly know VERY little about Ireland other then my family fled from there many generations ago

now phantom hasent slammed anybodys country here (least not that i've seen)
so is it really that unfair for him to ask that if hes not allowed to say anything about anybody elses country then they shouldnt be able to attack the United States?

I admit i've had issues with America but I've had the same issues with my own government

John F. Kennedy
Geography has made us neighbors. History has made us friends. Economics has made us partners. And necessity has made us allies. Those whom nature hath so joined together, let no man put asunder. What unites us is far greater than what divides us.

~1961. Address to Canadian Parliament.

In my personal opinion America and Canada are like brothers
I love Canada
and I love America

now if Phantom cant bitch about your countries forign policys or past fuck ups
then dont attack americas for its

WOW we are WAAAAAAY off topic
QFT. Great argument man. I realy like canada I live in minnesota which is right on the border and have alot of friends in canada. It would probably be my country of choice to move to for all the unexploited wilderness. Canadians are our best allies IMO. I agree that its not fair that we can be bashed without being able to bash other countrys because thats a dumb tactic or somthing. People realy do forget all the great things america has done, I am not even going to list them all, basicly if we were not around germany would have conquered the world..... twice.
JFK was a VERY good leader I think, nobody except mayber reagan and FDR come close to him.
I think I just might make a bash estonia thread now jk

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself John Stuart Mill
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4...rtarianlq5.png
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote