View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2006, 05:55 PM  
cmpcmp
Member++

Default Re: Polygamy and yes civil unions! (dun dun dun)

Quote:
ah the good old polygamy arguement is back i see, simply polygamy i say no to, civil unions yes.
care to reason that out at all?
(please read the first post, if u didn't)
----------------------------------------------------
Phantom just to remind u if u forgot READ THE FIRST POST
---------------------------------
Plus I think that its importiant that i point out that, When ever in this thred thread that i say polygamy, i mean a "union" (sexual) between two or more people, in it the man (if there is a man) doesn't get to choose another wife if his/her current partener(s) don't want that to happen.

Quote:
It causes MAJOR family problems. if you had 2 wifes kids with each of them, it would be one messed up family. I highly doubt 2 women would marry 1 man. The wives would most likly hate each other. Polygamy is impractical and just plain wrong.
Wouldn't growing up in a gay family cause huge family problems? u can't have children of your own, may not be accepted by the community, U would have 2 moms and no dad, or viceversa.
Plus, what if in a "civil union" (lesbian) two woman with their own kids came and got married? isn't it the same situation, just with no hussband?

Quote:
if you had 2 wifes kids with each of them, it would be one messed up family
Ever heard of half siblings? Plus the wives get to choose to be there or not, if they felt this would be a problem they simply wouldn't get married.

Quote:
I highly doubt 2 women would marry 1 man.
as the quote in the first post says, I agree, there wouldn't be very many, but it being a minority shouldn't make it an less legall.

Quote:
The wives would most likly hate each other.
I would just like to poin out again that it isn't a male dominated relationship, there don't even have to be any males in it! It must be mutualy agreeable to all parties involved.

Quote:
Polygamy is impractical and just plain wrong.
Being impractical shouldn't make something any less legall. AND being "wrong" in more of a moral sense shouldn't make something illegal either.
cmpcmp is offline   Reply With Quote