View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2006, 11:33 PM  
Rogue 4

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpcmp View Post
On the contrary my friend.

WHAT IF.....
-there is a God and god put religion on earth to test ppl, if u pick religion, then u go to hell?
-What if only ppl that admit that they don't know God, because he hasn't shown himslef to us go to heaven? (which intersetingly enought would explain the whole why he never shows himslef thing)
-what if only ppl that have gay sex go to heaven?
-Only ppl that listem exclusively to rock music?

the point is that there are an infinite number of circumstances that are possible, and which is more likely, no one knows, for every positive in this situation there is a negative;
EXAMPLE: only chrisitans go to heaven, only non christians go to heaven.
Only ppl who listen to rap go toi heaven, only ppl who never listen to rap go to heaven.

NO ONE "knows" (logicly) what circumstance we are living in, so no real conclusions can be made.

Lastly, whos to say that only christians go to heaven is any more likely possible any other situation??? the point is no one knows.

The first "blanks" could be ANYTHING, no matter how arbitrary they may be, cuz if there is a god why would he have to be rational (plus whose to say that ur situation is rational?

In closing, there can be WAY more than 3 total possiblities
Nice, only arguing one part of my post, but that's standard for you. Anyway, when I said religion, I WAS NOT MERELY REFERING TO CHRISTIANITY. You seem to assume I was, but whether you did or not, I do not care. Now, if there is a religion where you have to be gay to go to heaven, it's still a religion all the same. You'd be better off trying to pick one, even still. Now, if all religion is a sin, but there is still a God to call that, then agnosticism is a religion all the same that says that only people that believe in it go to heaven. Under your argument, you make it a religion. It, in effect, becomes like Christianity. There ARE only two sides, those who do not believe in religion PERIOD, or those that believe in something, or that it might be there and we can't be sure. Anyway it goes, Agnosticism is a religion in and of itself, and it never states there is no God or heaven, only that we cannot know. Wiki it, if you like. Unless you're a subset who flat out says that everyone's wrong, but given that there can only either be a god or not be a god, that would be odd. Have fun. Oh, and if it based on chance, some random action, then my odds are still only as good as anyone elses. Since none of us know the right random action, and all.

Quote:
Plato once said there was a perfect form of everything -- a perfect dog, a perfect chair, a perfect man -- and that everything was a shadow of this one perfect form. Now, if we follow this line of thinking, that means that somewhere in the universe there is the perfect form of the perfect, absolute and complete idiot, and he left here an hour ago.

-- Gideon, Babylon 5
Rogue 4 is offline   Reply With Quote