View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2006, 11:07 PM  
Rogue 4

Default Re: The Mayan Prophecies and December 22, 2012

Maybe it has ended 10 times . . . ? You all realize that if the universe were put together, with every atom in the place it is now, every subatomic particle, that even our memory would have been manufactured? The universe could have come into existence 10 seconds ago, exactly as it is now, and we wouldn't be any the wiser.

Anyway, you've got THREE major things lining up for the near future, it may not make it true, but in the past, not many other ends have been predicted on different fronts to be around the same time. Here, we have multiple things lining up. It's still not likely, but don't count it out, you won't know until it happens. I'm just gonna wait, not even gonna anticipate it. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't, more of the same, oh joy.

And aside from that, whoever was making the comment about Christ returning soon, there's a verse in the Bible saying that it will be soon in God's time. There's another verse, which is unlikely literal, just getting a point across, that says one of God's days is likened to 10,000 of our years. I'd get you the books and verse numbers, but I doubt many of you would look it up. But if you want them, PM me.

Quote:
Plato once said there was a perfect form of everything -- a perfect dog, a perfect chair, a perfect man -- and that everything was a shadow of this one perfect form. Now, if we follow this line of thinking, that means that somewhere in the universe there is the perfect form of the perfect, absolute and complete idiot, and he left here an hour ago.

-- Gideon, Babylon 5
Rogue 4 is offline   Reply With Quote