Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2006, 07:30 PM  
Rogue 4

Default Re: Religion

OK, does anyone else here understand the concept of a debate? The goal is to try to persuade another person to a point of view. Technically, NO ARGUMENT CAN BE MADE IN HERE AT ALL, AND THERE IS NO POINT TO HAVING THIS THREAD IF WE ALL ADMIT WE CAN PROVE NOTHING. Anyone else see that? A lack of purpose for this thread's existence if we cannot debate why our religion makes more sense. I chose to use a little math, does that make me anymore wrong than any of you for using words? Does anyone think that words honestly have anymore power to describe a power beyond our comprehension than math does? You see, if we all surrender our points of view (which is what all of you are doing, btw, just to negate me) we remove the point of this thread. It won't be a debate, it will be a "HI! I'm <pick a religion>! So, uhhhhh . . . HI!"

If this was honestly meant to be a poll, it should be moved out of this forum, as it serves no purpose in here. I request its removal if this is the case.
NOW, if this is meant to be a debate, let's debate and not surrender all our points of view to "Well, we can't know," or "You can't say that for sure."

Afterall, you think there is a real truth to whether abortion is right or wrong? NO, it's a point of view. That goes for any question of ethics or religions or an unknown value. It hurts to see all of you give up to call neutrallity. We all know there cannot be a defined right or wrong view. Hell, even if I could 100% prove the existence of God with mathemetics, people would still reject the math or say that math was a god. So how about you all battle your viewpoints.

And while we're on the ethics topic, it is nothing moree than your opinions that I shouldn't be able to argue with math as much as words. No where in the Bible, or any other religion I'm aware of does it say "math may not be used, numbers have no meaning." You all just haven't seen math used in an argument like this before, so you call a similar case to "seperation of church and state," but then, math is part of this universe, same as our language, feelings and beliefs. It's all equal, and to say it's not would be a lie."

Quote:
Plato once said there was a perfect form of everything -- a perfect dog, a perfect chair, a perfect man -- and that everything was a shadow of this one perfect form. Now, if we follow this line of thinking, that means that somewhere in the universe there is the perfect form of the perfect, absolute and complete idiot, and he left here an hour ago.

-- Gideon, Babylon 5
Rogue 4 is offline   Reply With Quote