View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2006, 02:13 AM  
cmpcmp
Member++

Default Re: Religion

Il conceed to you on the point that
assuming;
-there is a God
-there is a heaven and a hell (or similar of either)
-what we do here decides where we will eventualy go
-there is a religion that is right
-and the only way to get into heaven is to belive in that religion.

In the above case it would be beneficial to belive in atleast one faith.
--------------------------------------------
Quote:
UNTIL YOU CAN NAME ME ONE RELIGION THAT FLAT OUT SAYS CHRISTIANS GO TO HELL, OR THAT ANY NON-BELIEVER FLAT OUT GOES TO HELL
Radical islam belives that infidels go to well, Perhaps they don't go to "hell" but they don't go to heaven, which i think was the overall point.(for the second part only) radical (or literalist or w/e) christianity.
------------------------------------------------------------
U can say all u want about everything else, but in ur argument, it assumes that (which i can't prove otherwise) that there is a possibility of only one religion being "right", therefore making the others wrong. So the part that doesn't make sense to me is the trying to use a certian religion cuz there could be an infinite number of them, plus they cahnge within them selves.

Lets say that there are 10 religion in the world, (i know that there are more, but this is just for the sake of easy numbers)

if they all say that i will go to heaven if, and only if i beive in one of them, then would it be beneficial for my chances to beleive in one of them???

Lets say the next day 100 religion are created, they are more popular than the first ten, and they say that you will only go to heaven if, and only if u belive in one of them. WOuld it be better to belive in one of them instead of the first 10?
--------------------------------------------------
Im not arguing that ur possibilty isn't possible, im saying that it isn't the only possibility, and that we don't even know what all the possibilities are, they could almost be anything.

DO you dissagree?
cmpcmp is offline   Reply With Quote