Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2006, 02:21 AM  
Rogue 4
Default Re: Religion

Does anyone listen? I already said I was going to attempt the impossible and use numbers. I said I wasn't going to just use faith. And why do people feel the need to keep parts of their lives completely seperate from one another? No witty retorts, please, honestly, why are you all afraid of the numbers? Why CAN'T they be used? Oh, and you'll see I'm arguing against atheism in my posts. If you wish to be agnostic, I can deal with you later (Need a smile here with a tongue out, but the emote with it doesn't look good enough for me. I'll bug my brother). So, based on this argument, we can leave being agnostic out of your post. And any religion that accpets atheists, as far as I'm aware (and I'm aware of quite a bit), would accpet ANY other religion equally. So, no matter what, based on what I just said, my chance is higher. You don't even have to have that equal to one, but I chose to avoid as many headaches as possible. If you want to, we can argue the math. Would you like limits, imaginary numbers not equal to zero, some abstract constant like 753? Without that agnostic argument, which is NOT atheism, which is what I'm aguing against, my odds > their odds. IT DOES NOT MATTER IF THIS IS A DETERMINED VALUE. I'm not sure how old you are, and it's not my place to pass judgement, as you could be more intelligent than me, but for the record, I'm taking college level calculus right now, and aside from that, I know my basic algebra from middleschool, and I took plane/solid geometry, trig, and calculus in highschool. Not to mention I read PHYSICS (theoretical and space/time) books as a past time. And yes, this is intend to intimidate you. I'm getting tired of this circular logic, or assumption that if value cannot be applied in an integer number, then it can't be explained with math. You do not want to ague math against me. And "it's religion" is no longer an excuse. YOU TELL ME WHY MATH CANNOT APPLY, NOT SIMPLY THAT IT DOESN'T. Read the whole post over, and keep in mind I already debunked your last one about your negative number theory. To say the very least, you won't be able to prove me wrong, so it's in your best interest to pick something else. And yes, I am trying to move you along, but that's because this is getting rather old, and you won't attempt to debate me on any other grounds. Be bold, step out of the box. My original post challenged you (and everyone else) in more than one way, isn't it time you tried the same for me?

Plato once said there was a perfect form of everything -- a perfect dog, a perfect chair, a perfect man -- and that everything was a shadow of this one perfect form. Now, if we follow this line of thinking, that means that somewhere in the universe there is the perfect form of the perfect, absolute and complete idiot, and he left here an hour ago.

-- Gideon, Babylon 5
Rogue 4 is offline   Reply With Quote