Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2006, 01:48 AM  
Rogue 4

Default Re: Religion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpcmp View Post
-U can belive you know, but you can't "know", what you say is true.

Whoes to say what each religion is in a statistical chart of sorts? its rediculious. Religion can't fully be reasoned, thats why theres faith. To try and cross religions so that you come up with a better statistical makes no sense.

Believing in a religion because of better better statistical heaven possiblilities isn't even "real" religious faith.

Its like saying that ur going to be a certian religion just becasue they don't belive in sin, and that's what you personly want. Ur reasoning has nothing to do with "faith" or a belief in God.
I know it doesn't have anything to do with faith or a belief in God. If I brought that in here, you'd be attacking me for it, as well. I SAID I would be giving statistical and hard reasoning for the people that don't consider faith at all. I was attempting to appeal to everyone on a purely scientific basis, something that cannot be fought. Are you really going to attempt to attack religion, claiming that you only believe in facts, only to turn your back to logic when it disagrees with you? I have a disclaimer in my own post stating that I was putting my beliefs aside to give you a purely logical point of view, and you become angry when I don't use my faith to convince you? My reasoning has everything to do with a logical consideration. If there are 10,000 religions, and only one is right, would it not be better to choose one then forego all of them and guarantee damnation? Now, as for my beliefs, I have "real" faith, as you put it. If you, or anyone else would like to ask about redemption through the Lord Jesus Christ, send me a PM. I'd be happy to talk on a one-to-one basis. I do not believe in my God for statistics. I believe what I believe because it is TRUTH. However, empirical evidence cannot be denied, period, and if I have to fight on the home field of an Atheist, I will. They may be suprised by how well I play their field, too.

And once again, you did not denounce my argument, you only attempted to get around it in a flawed way (claiming logic doesn't apply when numbers are involved) and then tried to attack me by claiming I had no faith.

My argument stands.

p.s. Please look back to the original post, you haven't tried any of my other points yet. And attacking this post would be beating a dead horse.

Quote:
Plato once said there was a perfect form of everything -- a perfect dog, a perfect chair, a perfect man -- and that everything was a shadow of this one perfect form. Now, if we follow this line of thinking, that means that somewhere in the universe there is the perfect form of the perfect, absolute and complete idiot, and he left here an hour ago.

-- Gideon, Babylon 5
Rogue 4 is offline   Reply With Quote