Thread: Religion
View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2010, 10:56 PM  
Lost Child
Amnesiac's Forum Picture
Name: Justin
Default Re: Religion

Originally Posted by Andrew0017 View Post
I believe in God and evolution. It's very ignorant to say that evolution didn't occur. There's proof of it all around us.
I concur, and will drive this statement home by saying that evolution is an observable process. Take, for example, the evolution of a new species of mosquito in the London Underground over its history. It isn't just ignorant to say evolution isn't real, it's idiotic.

Evolution is a fact. It is an undisputed fact that organisms evolve over time. However, the explanation of how this process occurs is theory (scientific theory), here defined as:

...a scientific theory comprises a collection of concepts, including abstractions of observable phenomena expressed as quantifiable properties, together with rules (called scientific laws) that express relationships between observations of such concepts. A scientific theory is constructed to conform to available empirical data about such observations, and is put forth as a principle or body of principles for explaining a class of phenomena.
Therefore, scientific theory is the set of rules and observations that support a "fact". Evolutionary theory is the collection of research and observations that "backs up" evolution, the fact.

Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
Yeah, I'd be depressed too if I listened to Chad Kroeger.
Amnesiac is offline   Reply With Quote