View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2006, 01:37 AM  
cmpcmp
Member++

Default Re: Mexico border issues (america)

Quote:
the boarder security plan isnt to stop terrorists its to stop illigal immigrants and drugs
yes this is part of it, i believe the main part, and as i said (below) terrorism is related
Quote:
-Open borders are dangerous, because of gang migration (to and from) and terrorism, drug smugling, weapon smugling and so on.
Quote:
terrorists would not and have not entered america through Canada
This is true, but they could come across the mexican border fairly easily currently.

Quote:
And if i am wrong (i'm not) and terrorists are the MAIN REASON then can you explain to me why Bush handed over security contracts to your largest sea ports like New York to a company based out of the Middle East instead of keeping it under government control with homeland security?
This is a very deceptive statement if u know what ur talking about.
Wikipedia:
DP World is a company owned by the government of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.

In March 2006, it purchased the Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company (P&O) of the United Kingdom, which was then the fourth largest ports operator in the world, for £3.9 billion ($7 billion), beating a bid from Singapore's PSA International of £3.5 billion. P&O is one of the most famous names in British business, having been the largest shipping operator in the world at one time. DP World has promised to keep P&O's headquarters in London.

A list of current port locations run by DP...

Americas -4

1. Venezuela - Puerto Cabello
2. Dominican Republic - Puerto Caucedo
3. Argentina - [Puerto Nuevo T12&3]
4. Canada - Vancouver

Asia Pacific - 9

1. Australia - Adelaide
2. Hong Kong - CT3
3. Hong Kong - ACT
4. China - Tianjin
5. China - Yantai
6. Hong Kong - ATL
7. China - ATL Yantian
8. China - Shanghai Ji Fa
9. China - Yantian

West Asia / East Africa Region - 4

1. India - Cochin
2. India - Visakhapatnam
3. Saudi Arabia - Jeddah
4. Djibouti - Djibouti

Europe - 2

1. Germany - Germersheim
2. Romania - Constanṭa

UAE Ports - 2

1. Dubai Port
2. Fujairah Port

(refering to your previous post above)
Quote:
explain to me why Bush handed over security contracts to your largest sea ports like New York to a company based out of the Middle East instead of keeping it under government control with the homeland
-He didn't hand it to them they bought another company.
-BTW not all countires in the middle east are evil taliban ppl, stop generalizing.
-"instead of keeping it under government control with the homeland" in never was under the control of the homeland, it wasn't even an american company in the first place that ran the ports.
-Dubai is one of the US's allies in the world BTW. IMO it's ignorant to lump all of the middle east together. (i know that there are labor injustices in Dubia, they are by no means perfect)
GDP - per capita: $43,400 (2005 est.)

and a little slap in the face. (factualy)
if you look at the facts canada has one of their major (i assume vancuver is major) ports run by them.
cmpcmp is offline   Reply With Quote