View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2006, 09:57 PM  
Default Re: Christianity- The world's most hated religion??(discuss)

Ghee, im so fucking sorry. your life is so hard...not sure if you should trust jesus....hmmm...welcome to life with just about every other american!
Does this religious struggle also affect your ability to make challenging arguments?
i never said my life was hard, in comparison to most ppl out there my life is a cakewalk, and i don't deny that.

The point was that a lot of ppl who were raised christian or who know how the church works and how ppl are born into it. What pisses them off, and me to a certian extent, is that

The church.....
-doesn't heave to "earn" your faith or anyhing like that you are basicly brainwashed into it from day one.
-the church and the bible teach things like
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him” (Hebrews 11:6).
will you go to hell if you don't believe in him?
-Every time something is "wrong" with the bible historicly or factualy the interperitation changes, but often (as lately as evolution, minus the killin) only after ppl have been opressed or killed. The same is true with when ppl start to dissagree with a moral issue in the bible, at one point in time the catholic church was against recieveing interest on loans? i mean WTF.

The point is the church can recruit ppl into it since they were born and then after that point they are afraid that their SOUL is at risk if they stop beliving they think that they may burn in an eternal firey hell.

Many ppl see the catholic church as an institution that is holding us back and keeping us in the past, i don't see it this way, as IMO the church has very little power over modern americans.
cmpcmp is offline   Reply With Quote