View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2004, 09:22 AM  
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

For those of you who are unfirmiliar with the holistic spectrum of medicine- holistic doctors look to cure people of illnesses or disorders without the use of drugs. There are homeopaths, nutritionists, herbologists, accupuncturists, massage therepists, orthomolecular therepists, and a whole host of doctors looking to cure people gently and naturally.

Alternative practitioners have found ways to help
just about every mental disorder. Often times, mental disorders are completely cured, instead of "blocked" which is what drugs do.

Alternative practitioners also believe that the United States is too highly medicated, and regular doctors are too willing to give you a pill to "fix" your problem. I'm afraid of what this would will be like later on. The teen generation is the first generation of people who will be highly medicated their whole lives. We'll see what toll it has on us in the future.

A holistic forum would be able to inform everyone of how they can avoid drugs, and use them only as a last resort. My diary, "The Witch Doctor" has been posting a few interesting holistic tidbits. Yet, it needs it's own forum, so it can be prominantly displayed next to the meds forum. I want everyone to have a choice about their own bodies. So, please vote yes- and tell our admins that we should be able to choose how we want to take care of ourselves.

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )
Dfsg is offline   Reply With Quote