View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2006, 08:02 PM  
xTheLordsServantx
Member+

xTheLordsServantx's Forum Picture

Default Re: Christianity- The world's most hated religion??(discuss)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Now could you kindly tell me why YOUR religion is correct out of the 10000's of 1000's of religions out there excluding all rival sects of course. 2. why would I put complete blind faith into anything, that I cant see touch hear. How about this I bet that if your parents never taught you christianity as a child you would never believe what you do. if a child is not taught any religious crap as a child they will regect religion everytime since its not burned into them as a child and is COMPLETLY against everything in the world and common logic, thats my theory
its not against common logic. If christianity is against common logic, then so is science. For example, the "Big Bang Theory". Scientists believe that some "uncaused" force created the universe. That "uncaused" forced is actually a cause, its God. Also lets use science to prove God. Theres too many coincidental things in this universe, that are perfect to not point to God. (The following quotes are from the book "God: The Evidence"):

"- Gravity is roughly 10^39 times weaker than electromagnetism. If gravity had been 10^33 times weaker than electromagnetism, stars would be a billion times less massive and would burn a million times faster

- The nuclear weak force is 10^28 times the strength of gravity. Had the weak force been slightly weaker, all the hydrogen in the universe would have turned to become Helium (making water impossible)

- A stronger nuclear strong force (by as little as 2%) would have prevented the formation of protons - yielding a universe without atoms. Decreasing it by 5% would have given us a universe without stars

- If the difference in mass between a proton and a neutron were not exactly as it is - roughly twice the mass of an electron - then all neutrons would have become protons or vice versa. Say goodbye to chemistry as we know it-and to life.

- The very nature of water - so vital to life - is something of a mystery (a point noticed by one of the forerunners of anthropic reasoning in the 19th century, Harvard Biologist Lawrence Henderson). Unique among the molecules, water is lighter in its solid than liquid form: Ice floats. If it did not, the oceans would freeze from the bottom up and earth would now be covered with solid ice. This property in turn is traceable to unique properties of the hydrogen atom"

These are only a few of the examples, which the author proves point to God. Although Patrick Glynn gives readers significant evidence towards God, an athiest can disprove all of his "proof". When it comes down to it, its all about faith. Its taking a step into the dark, which over half the worlds population is already in. I ask you, what is the down side of believing in God. Look, if He is real, then u will go to heaven. If He is not real, then you have been a good person. Think about it, there are no negatives which can come out of believing in God and being a Christian.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Forever praise Him

Please check out this website if you have any questions: http://www.gotquestions.org/archive.html
xTheLordsServantx is offline   Reply With Quote