View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2006, 12:15 PM  
Melchi0r
Awesome Poster

Melchi0r's Forum Picture

Default Re: Christianity- The world's most hated religion??(discuss)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpcmp View Post
No but really Panic (the SN), how do you decide what is just crock that got put in there and what isn't? It seems to me that how ppl determine what the bible really means just changes to bend what ever ppl want to belive or what they have reasoned form nonbiblical sourses.
I don't really know how to decide what in the Bible is just crock. It's kind of like faith. The Letters to the Romans and to Timothy are very good to read for Christians who have just gotten into the religion because they teach the methods on how to be close to God and how to talk to other people about God and Jesus. But some books, like the ones that tell stories, and the ones about law, when I read them, it feels to me like a bunch of crock. So that's probably not as good of an answer that you're looking for, but it's just how I think. I decide what I want to believe by following my heart, and I'm sorry that that sounds corny. :p

Hey, Alex:

I know what you mean about preachiness. I do think that it's okay for Christians to talk to non-Christians about God and Jesus, but they must be extremely careful not to be offending and preachy. Seek first to understand, then to be understood. GUIDE them, not PUSH them.
Melchi0r is offline   Reply With Quote