View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2006, 06:20 PM  
xTheLordsServantx
Member+

xTheLordsServantx's Forum Picture

Default Re: Christianity- The world's most hated religion??(discuss)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenous
Bullshit are you, you are one of the stupidest people on this site.
Ouch. That is not a very nice thing to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenous
Go for it, if you show me substancial evidence.
I believe i stated before, that the book was called: "God: The Evidence" feel free to read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrojas2000 View Post
My "religion" is only with jesus and god... no churches. My faith doesnt need a building! I would only go to the bread thing (I don't know how to call it in english, but its the thing jesus gave in the last supped, and stuff)
I think all the church, and vatican are bs, and are there just for money. Even tho they might help poor people, I think its all bs.
the pope... I respect him, for representing my religion, but I don't really think there can be someone who is closer to gad than anyone else, thats dead people's job.

thats all
Yes, i agree that a relationship with God and Jesus are most important, scripture states that we need the Church to strengthen our faith and our relationship with the Lord.
Please read (its very short, but looks long):
Acts 2:42 could be considered a purpose statement for the church, “They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.” So, according to this Scripture, the purposes / activities of the church should be: (1) teaching Biblical doctrine, (2) providing a place of fellowship for believers, (3) observing the Lord’s supper, and (4) praying.
The church is to teach Biblical doctrine so we can be grounded in our faith. Ephesians 4:14 tells us, “Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming.” The church is to be a place of fellowship, where Christians can be devoted to one another and honor one another (Romans 12:10), instruct one another (Romans 15:14), be kind and compassionate to one another (Ephesians 4:32), encourage one another (1 Thessalonians 5:11), and most importantly love one another (1 John 3:11).
The church is to be a place where believers can observe the Lord’s supper, remembering Christ’s death and shed blood on our behalf (1 Corinthians 11:23-26). The concept of “breaking bread” (Acts 2:42) also carries the idea of having meals together. This is another example of the church promoting fellowship. The final purpose of the church according to Acts 2:42 is prayer. The church is to be a place that promotes prayer, teaches prayer, and practices prayer. Philippians 4:6-7 encourages us, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
Another “commission” given to the church is proclaiming the Gospel of salvation through Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8). The church is called to be faithful in sharing the Gospel through word and deed. The church is to be a “lighthouse” in the community – pointing people towards our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The church is to both promote the Gospel and prepare its members to proclaim the Gospel (1 Peter 3:15).

So, based on the reasons listed above, i would not only say church is vital to maintaining a strong relationship with the Lord, but it is also His house, and thus we should respect it. Although some people use churches to exploit money from the masses, God will do justice.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Forever praise Him

Please check out this website if you have any questions: http://www.gotquestions.org/archive.html
xTheLordsServantx is offline   Reply With Quote