View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2006, 08:13 AM  
Melchi0r
Awesome Poster

Melchi0r's Forum Picture

Default Re: Christianity- The world's most hated religion??(discuss)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpcmp View Post
Im a little confused,

and then you say....

so are they old books that have been tampered with, or things that should be religiously followed?

SO then, the passages on homosexuality are wrong, but the one on not stoning ppl to death is right.

call me sceptic but u seem to pick and choose what ever you want, and call what you don't want the product of human interference.

ps explain these to.
"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth." King James Version, Genesis 1:28

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate [malakoi], nor homosexual offenders [arsenokoites], nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God."
I CORINTHIANS 6:9-10
(new testament at that)

Leviticus 18:22
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination"

Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

If these qoutes are meaningless, what makes all of the others worth anything?

A ton of stuff in the bible is way less beleivable than this.

DO you belive that non-christian souls will eternaly burn in hell?
-if so then why would you care if ppl are a little offended when you really doing whats best for them?
-if not, then aren't ppl better off not knowing b/c they will go to heaven anyways?
Yeah, you're right, I should have specified my own personal beliefs about the Bible.

I believe that some parts of the Bible have worth and can teach us things, but lots of it is bull. I think the Gospel is worthwhile to read, the letter to the Romans is (it has some parts that might have been changed over time, but overall it's worth reading) and Psalms seems to be good for writing hymns, lol.

The Genesis Verse- What part do you want me to explain?
Corinthians- Whoever wrote that thought that God hated homosexuals because of Moses' law, so that's probably why it was in there.
Leviticus- Moses thought that homosexuals were bad! But he was wrong to condemn them because of what Jesus said at the stoning of the prostitute.

(I believe that the stoning of the prostitute story is real because the early church didn't want to teach it, so because it offended them, it must be real!)

EDIT: I'm changing what I said about Roman Catholocism in the very beginning. To all Catholics: You're probably awesome people, but I was raised a Catholic and when I started going to a more contemporary church I noticed a lot of flaws in Roman Catholocism.

Last edited by Melchi0r; September 16th, 2006 at 08:45 AM.
Melchi0r is offline   Reply With Quote