Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Ummm... :S (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=93973)

LeRock January 23rd, 2011 06:07 AM

Ummm... :S

Ok, I'm not sure if anyone here has this or even heard of this (or if it's even in the correct section), and it's probably just a pointless rant of mine. I'm not sure how long it's been going on, but these are just some of the things that I do that I haven't seen mentioned under the header of OCD, tourette's or anything else I believe it might be. But I like talk to myself in my mind, or contradict things I think, common words I might think are; yes, no, wait, hmm, gosh, well, umm, but then I repeat them almost until I can't really breath any more (I don't know how this works, that's just what happens) also when I see something that is out of place or wrong or something that I like (and most often that I don't want anything bad to happen to) I brush my fingers against the palm of the same hand (as if to brush away badness/dirtiness?) repeatedly, or press together the fingers of my hands, and/or scrunch my nose, except it's not really scrunching my nose, it's more like pushing it down so my top lip goes out. It has become worse really recently and I just really want to know what it is because it is really annoying and embarrassing because people have just begun to notice, for example, that in a middle of a conversation I will push my nose down, or move my hand repeatedly etc.

Ambrosia January 23rd, 2011 05:34 PM

Re: Ummm... :S

It could just be an obsession. Of course, none of us on VT are trained Doctors who can tell you what's wrong. Especially over the internet. Maybe if you talk to a parent you can figure it out or go visit a doctor.

LeRock January 23rd, 2011 10:18 PM

Yea, of course. Thanks. I was really just wondering if any one else has this I think (especially the word thing, because I've always just thought it was normal until recently). Thanks!!

Ambrosia January 23rd, 2011 10:40 PM

The talking thing I do and plenty of people do. I ask and answer my own questions and will have just complete conversations in my head or just argue with myself. It's easier then having a convo with idiots!

Sebastian Michaelis January 23rd, 2011 10:52 PM

ehh i do it sometimes

Hdhagsggdui February 26th, 2011 10:28 PM

I think deeply in my head, sometimes I cant stop talking to myself. Sometimes I even talk out loud.

carpediem February 27th, 2011 01:14 AM

LeRock, I have severe OCD (but it's under control, I'm on prozac and totally fine now) and this sounds a lot like me, although there were a number of more extreme things I did.

Infidelitas February 27th, 2011 01:20 AM

If that drives you crazy, live in my brain for a day, then you will know what ocd is like