Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Numbers (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44)

Firestar June 3rd, 2004 01:31 AM

Numbers

I've heard of numbers being part of OCD - that's actually the main reason I realized OCD was what I had. How many people out there have to do things a certain amount of times and what is your number? I remember mine being 7 when I was younger, then it went up to 13, and then up to 21 (and trust me, that wasn't fun), but for the past few years now it's been down to 5. But it always has to be odd numbers for me. I don't know why. It's stupid because I always end up doing things in even numbers anyway cuz I'll add on an extra one at the end just in case I miscounted. Does anyone else do that?

Katie June 3rd, 2004 06:10 PM

I usually do 3, and I don't really miscount but if I think I did, I redo. (meaning i have to go back to where i was before i started)

way confusing. :?

Frªñk June 4th, 2004 10:35 AM

Mine is usually 3, (I heard somwhere that Fred Durst has to sip a drink 3 times)

grass June 4th, 2004 10:41 AM

i never really thought there was anything wrong wiv me but after reading sum stuff on this site im starting 2 think i mite be ocd when i was a kid i would say sumthin (call my mum for example) but it wouldnt feel rite so id hav 2 say it again and i'd keep going until there was a sense of balance in my voice id always try and do things twice but if it didnt feel balanced after 2 id do another 2 it the same with touch although i dont get it so often nowadays

Frªñk June 4th, 2004 10:45 AM

I think thats how it first started for me, the way something just wouldn't feel right. Like when I was really young if I span around I had to go back the other way to where I started. :D

grass June 4th, 2004 04:37 PM

nah id have to go back the same way

grass June 4th, 2004 04:37 PM

do u think im ocd then

Frªñk June 5th, 2004 08:34 AM

Do you think you are? I am not a doctor, I can not diagnose you. All I can tell you about is my experiences etc.

Frªñk June 5th, 2004 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grass
nah id have to go back the same way

I think that's probably what I meant! :D

dying lullaby June 5th, 2004 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akiro Takeshi
Mine is usually 3, (I heard somwhere that Fred Durst has to sip a drink 3 times)

my friend is obsesed with fred durst and tells me atleast 3 times a week that fred has to take 2 sips of anything he drinks. so i'm pretty sure its 2 times and not 3

grass June 5th, 2004 05:26 PM

is it bad if u have it and can u get mild forms of it

Runner June 6th, 2004 10:36 PM

OCD is different for everyone....it's not bad if you have it either. It is what you make of it for yourself. (Well, that's my opinion at least)

RunAwayMolly June 7th, 2004 05:00 PM

I dont really have a certain number for anything, but i do things over and over until i feel that they are right and its normal. I kind of have this beat that i have to do things at. Like a drum beat. Sort of a pattern, like boom ticka boom tick boom ticka boom tick.

grass June 7th, 2004 05:13 PM

another thing i do is draw a pattern wiv my fingure then go back along the pattern and jus keep drawin it out i dont realise until ppl ask wot im doin dont know if this is ocd but the drum beat thing reminded me

Frªñk June 8th, 2004 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieing lullaby
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akiro Takeshi

my friend is obsesed with fred durst and tells me atleast 3 times a week that fred has to take 2 sips of anything he drinks. so i'm pretty sure its 2 times and not 3

You're probably right. :D

Frªñk June 8th, 2004 11:12 AM

I have kinda got out of doing the numbers thing now but I used to do it occasionally and it was usually three times.

PGecko June 8th, 2004 08:44 PM

Man, I wasnt diagnosed w/ OCD, but my g-pop was, and I think i got it, too. Everything I do has to be an even number... Eating food(2, 4, or 6 pieces of chicken), push-ups, number of tiems i cough, etc. lol
I think its funny, I laugh at myself all the time

Katie June 9th, 2004 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGecko
Man, I wasnt diagnosed w/ OCD, but my g-pop was, and I think i got it, too. Everything I do has to be an even number... Eating food(2, 4, or 6 pieces of chicken), push-ups, number of tiems i cough, etc. lol
I think its funny, I laugh at myself all the time

Laughter is the very best medicine you know.

AngelEyez86 June 9th, 2004 01:18 AM

I don't always do something a certain amount of time. But I have an obsession with even numbers. Think if I'm eating chips or candy, there has to be 2, not 1 or I won't eat it.

But 8 is my number.

Frªñk June 10th, 2004 08:51 AM

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/0...ulsive-dad.gif