Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   "checkers" (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30)

Katie May 14th, 2004 06:58 PM

"checkers"

whats the longest you have holden out on checking things?

whenever I have an urge to check, i can usually last about 5 minutes. I want to hear some motivational stories here. :)

RunAwayMolly May 14th, 2004 07:00 PM

i dont really check things anymore... i used to always check my alarm like and hallways and doors to be sure that no one was after me :?

Katie May 14th, 2004 07:05 PM

i check where my cat is at least three times an hour. :(

did you just grow out of it?

*prays I'll grow out it*

RunAwayMolly May 15th, 2004 07:53 AM

well i dont know... i just didnt do it anymore... it didnt just randomly stop abruptly... it more trickled off... so i suppose you could say i grew out of it...

Katie May 18th, 2004 10:20 PM

im happy to report last night i went to bed and i only checked once :) of course i woke up at 4 am and had to check then, but its the effort that counts :o

RunAwayMolly May 19th, 2004 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie
im happy to report last night i went to bed and i only checked once :) of course i woke up at 4 am and had to check then, but its the effort that counts :o

Katie! That is GREAT! I bet soon enough you wont even feel the need to check at all! :D

Katie May 19th, 2004 02:39 PM

Lets hope :)

Runner May 19th, 2004 06:45 PM

What drives you to check on your cat? Are you afraid that it will be hurt or something?

Katie May 19th, 2004 08:54 PM

hurt, dead, trapped, lost, outside...

i had to stop midway to check on him :?

i have never heard of such a strange thing to be obsessive over..

Runner May 20th, 2004 01:29 PM

Hey, we all have our "things". At least yours seems normal because it is a living thing. I obsess about things most would find to be unimportant.

Katie May 20th, 2004 02:07 PM

its true, we all have our 'things'.

Golobulus May 21st, 2004 02:23 PM

Usually the only things I check are if my doors are locked at night. I do that once. Then I'm satisfied

AngelEyez86 May 26th, 2004 09:14 PM

Well I love my privacy and whenever I'm in my room and I'm the computer or when I'm not facing my door, I look back to make sure it is closed about every 10 minutes. It annoys me sometimes because I KNOW it's closed but my brain doesn't seem to know it. grrr

RunAwayMolly May 26th, 2004 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelEyez86
Well I love my privacy and whenever I'm in my room and I'm the computer or when I'm not facing my door, I look back to make sure it is closed about every 10 minutes. It annoys me sometimes because I KNOW it's closed but my brain doesn't seem to know it. grrr

I do that too! But, I do it to see if someones behind me... cuz im a chicken like that.

AngelEyez86 May 26th, 2004 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunAwayMolly

I do that too! But, I do it to see if someones behind me... cuz im a chicken like that.

Yeah same here! I just want to make sure no one is there lol.

RunAwayMolly May 27th, 2004 08:35 AM

Yeah, see i dont sleep in my bedroom because its downstairs, and its the only bedroom down there so i sleep on the couch upstairs and I'm always ALWAYS checking the hallways walkways just to be sure that no one will hurt me! :? I hate it soooo much! :(

Runner May 27th, 2004 05:03 PM

I have experienced that somewhat....but I find myself checking things that I have done over and over again. Like when I put something away, I go back and check that I put it in the right spot and that it is not touching anything else.

RunAwayMolly May 27th, 2004 10:55 PM

yeah i do that too... and because i sleep on the couch in the living room i have to have the remote, a bottle of water, my glasses, and a tube if chapstick in the crevis(sp?) between the couch and the wall perfectly spaced so that they are close enough as they can be without touching and a deffinate space that i can tell they are not touching... it gets old so quickly... but atleast we are not alone :D

Runner May 28th, 2004 12:59 PM

:lol: That makes me laugh...not at you...but I do the exact same thing. How refreshing that I am not the only one!

RunAwayMolly May 28th, 2004 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Runner
:lol: That makes me laugh...not at you...but I do the exact same thing. How refreshing that I am not the only one!

Wahoo! Go team checkers! :D :P 8)